It’s been a long time (6 months at least) since I updated here. I have updates on several projects, but I will start with the earliest completed one, my chemise a la reine. I struggled to use a rolled hem foot, because it was a tiny hem, and ended up just finagling something like a hem. My dress, on the inside, is not the loveliest work, but it looks good from outside, so I am happy. I did make a second chemise a la reine for my friend Nicole, whom I visited in New Orleans for Bastille Day, the event we wore these gowns to. Her dress, which was my second try, came out much better, in terms of construction techniques. Nicole made the wonderful hats that we wore with our gowns.
Now the pics from the event:
*And* we were filmed by the show “Adam Richmond’s Fandemonium” and made it into the show briefly: